[squid-users] NTLM auth and Squid

From: <shihaya@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:58:07 +0200

Hi!

I have a Windows NT network. The PDC is NT Server 4, the clients are
Winnt4 WS and Win2k Prof. The gateway-proxy-firewall-mail server is a
Linux box with squid-2.5-pre10.

My boss wants to authenticate the internet access, but WITHOUT any
additional dialog box in the browsers (IE 5.5 and IE6). I understand
that maybe NTLM auth is the solution but i dont know how to begin to
work with.

I "google"-d the net but the only web site i found about is seriously
overdated (2000 nov) and not too easy to understand.

Please can anybody gave me a step-by-step guide or an intenet address
where i can found some information?

THX