Re: [squid-users] Partial error page with IE6

From: Daniel Barron <adsl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:07:30 +0100

In message <200208282044.06229.hno@marasystems.com>
          Henrik Nordstrom <hno@marasystems.com> wrote:

> The cause is almost certainly a broken browser.
>
> Try making the error page bigger.

Hi - thanks for the reply.

I tried making is 30Kb but no effect - it still comes through partially.

Always 1128 bytes no matter what I put in the error page.

I agree that it's probably a bug in IE, but in the real world lots of people
use IE and this bug happens with the very latest IE. Coders of web
appliances such as myself have to bow to the majority and include work
arounds for buggy browsers. Don't take me wrong - I mean no offense!

Have you any other ideas of how to solve it? Is squid possibly closing
the connection before its flushed? Or is it that IE can't handle an
error more than 1128 bytes on SSL?

I suppose I could make a small error page that has a meta tag that redirected
the browser to an error page on the web server and include a check for that
destination in the squid.conf so it specifially allowed it and did not
create a loop... Don't you just love the quality of microsoft code (!)

--
Daniel Barron
(Visit http://dansguardian.org/ - True web content filtering)