Re: [squid-users] SQUID + AD + PROXY_AUTH

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 02:49:41 +0200

There is no need for the group-ldap-auth patch to Squid unless you
need to use Squid-2.4 and need to control access by group names..

For instructions how to connect Squid to MSAD for verifying the
account see the documentation to the LDAP helper shipped with Squid.

Squid-2.5 includes a kind of group concept via external acl helpers,
and can be used to connect Squid access controls to a MSAD LDAP
directory, but there is not yet much documentation written and it is
assumed you have a understanding of the MSDA LDAP directory
structure.