Re: [squid-users] How to turn off ALL logging?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 02:26:10 +0200

On Saturday 31 August 2002 15.59, Joel Linuxdude wrote:

> Can anybody tell me how to turn off all logging for
> SQUID? I would appreciate it very much. Yes, yes..

Quick and dirty method:

Set the log file paths for the logs you can't disable to /dev/null,
and ensure that you have set "logfile_rotate 0" in your Squid.conf.
(important, or Squid might seriously crash your system if you ever
runs "squid -k rotate")

Longer method:

Extend the code to allow the logfiles to be disabled. As you have
discovered some of the log files can be disabled but not all. Things
are gradually improving in this area however so it might be worth it
to look at a later release (i.e. the Squid-2.5 release).