[squid-users] Trouble accessing Outlook Web Access

From: Jan Klaverstijn <jan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 00:26:28 +0200

Hi,

Getting to Outlook Web Access (OWA) through Squid is from what I learned
from the faq and archives a bit of a troubled area. Nevertheless I applied
some recommendations and it seems to work. But not under all circumstances.
I use Squid 2.4STABLE3 under a Linux 2.4 kernel. Client is XP with IE6. When
I configure my proxy in IE6 I'm just fine. But my preferred configuration is
to have no proxy configured in IE6 and an iptables redirection on the Linux
ADSL gateway, mainly to enforce squidGuard. And in that configuration it
just won't work. I get repeated prompts for signing on to outlook but they
always fail. The Squid logs show no messages pertaining to this situation.
Obviously I am wrong in my assumption that this iptables redirection is
transparent to Squid compared to the configuration in IE.

This is my iptables redirection syntax:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j
REDIRECT --to-port 3128

Sofar OWA is the only application that is sensitive in this way. Can someone
shed light on this?

Thanks,
Jan.