RE: [squid-users] Slow connect times

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 00:48:51 +0200 (CEST)

Setting "client_persistent_connections off" should not stop anything. The
only effect of this should be slighly slower average request times.

If setting this to of makes things go from bad to really bad then I am not
sure what it is.. maybe a SYN flood (intentional or accidental)?

Hmm.. how much traffic is being sent to this Squid proxy? By what kind of
users? Lan or dialup? On what OS?