Re: [squid-users] Slow connect times

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 02:25:42 +0200

I missed the small detail that you are using NTLM. NTLM won't work at
all if client side persistent connections are turned off.. (MS design
error)

If only the first request attempt of a NTLM authenticated connection
is slow then perhaps you have too few NTLM helpers for the request
load. Try inspecting the helper usage status via cachemgr.