[squid-users] deny_info oddity

From: Wilfried Weissmann <Wilfried.Weissmann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 11:27:08 +0200

Hi!

I am using squid 2.4.6 from debian woody (3.0). Squid is running in an
inverse proxy configuration and does some URL based access control. If
the requested URL is denied then the user is forwarded to another page
by using custom error pages.

So we have a rule that says:
acl IS_SSL myip 127.0.0.1
acl EXCHANGE_CLEAN urlpath_regex ^/exchange/
http_access deny EXCHANGE_CLEAN !IS_SSL

An then the deny_info rule:
deny_info EXCHANGE_FW_URL EXCHANGE_CLEAN !IS_SSL

However, the deny_info rule failes and a standard error page (access
denied) is shown. But this should be impossible because of I defined
another default error page for the case that for some reason my other
rules do not match. But this entry is ignored:
deny_info LIBERALW_FW_URL all

The config file parsing was fine. No squid error was displayed at startup.

After playing around for a while I tried this (note the space after '!'):
deny_info EXCHANGE_FW_URL EXCHANGE_CLEAN ! IS_SSL

Then everything worked as expected. Is this a bug, or some feature that
I just did not understand (the squid-FAQ did not say anything about
that). A search for "deny_info" in the squid error-ticket system found
to results.

Is this behaviour fine and I am too dump to understand, or is it a bug?
Should I file a bug report?

bye,
Wilfried