[squid-users] Reverse Proxy & Location Headers

From: Ricardo Kustner <hammer1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 21:59:56 +0200

Hi,

I've asked this before, but since Henrik is back I'll write about it
again :)
Anyway I think it would be a very valuable addition to using squid as a
reverse proxy if it could rewrite the Location headers so any backend
apps which do redirects based on their servername and port can be
correctly reverse proxied... (aka ProxyPassReverse in Apache mod_proxy)
I know the rproxy patch does exactly this, but beside it being out of
sync with the source at the moment; it does a lot more than that... I
studied the patch a bit and it looks as not an easy task to filter it
out (especially since it's hard to find the correct version of the
source to patch it against)
so any ideas on how to get squid to support this as easily as possible?

TIA...

Regards,

Ricardo.