Re: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy & Location Headers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 23:02:47 +0200

rproxy is obviously the path to go as you mention yourself. If too
much of a hassle then consider trying out a eMARA from MARA Systems
(email info@marasystem.com if interested). If you only want the
location rewrite feature of the patch then this is farily well
isolated, but you may need to dig around a little to fin the correct
place where to slot it into the reply processing.

The rproxy patch is actually reasonably up to date, it is only that
certain features do not work when the HEAD version is used
(specifically the error_map directive). If you are unsure about which
version to apply the patch to then grab the whole source tree via
CVS. Or just give it some time and gradually more and more of the
features from rproxy will appear in HEAD. Currently waiting for other
possibly conflicting changes that are scheduled to go in first before
spending more time on the HEAD version of rproxy.

Also, we (MARA Systems AB) do have a Squid-2.5 version of the rproxy
patch available to eMARA customers who ask for it.