Re: [squid-users] Oracle WebListener HTTP daemon vs. squid 2.4.S7

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 00:53:04 +0200 (CEST)

Yes, this defenitely is a bug in iPlanet and if you have a support
agreement you should ask them to fix it. But it is odd that you only see
it on this site. From what you have described it sounds like the error
should be seen on quite many sites..

Meanwhile you can most likely work around the bug by reconfiguring Squid
not to request persistent connections

  server_persitent_connections off

at the expense of a little efficiency (more TCP overhead for fetching
content == slightly slower response times and more packets)