Re: [squid-users] performance

From: Fathi Ben Nasr <fathi.engineer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu Sep 5 05:11:22 2002

Tahts a great machine as a proxy for 30 users.

Some/many sites send header information or send pages that contain meta
information
for not caching this pages.
Other pages, mainly those containing ? or cgi-bin, are by default not
cached by
squid.
If one proxy caches them, it is probably told to do so or is ignoring the
headers/meta tags sent to not cache them.
You can tell squid to cache even pages that contain ? or cgi-bin. In
squid.conf look
for a line beginning with no_cache.

pparas@lsnepal.com.np a écrit :

> hi all
>
> new to this list.
>
> i have a tranparent proxy sever in RH 7.1 and squid bundled in that. i
have more
> than 30 users using squid. now my quesiton is if 1 user goes to
hotmail.com then
> second user must get it tooo fast ( after hitting the enter key ;).i see
this is
> possible in proxy like winroute and i am sure this can be done in squid
also. i
> dunn't wanna use windoze boxes in my network for server puposes.
> how to load the cached pages too fast. currenlty it is normal. pages once
> visited never loads fast. i need them loaded faster for my users for them
to be
> happy.
> so help please.
>
> i have 256 MB RAM with 7200RPM HDD and PIII 800MHZ processor.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Paras.

> http://jawmail.sourceforge.net

(See attached file: smime.p7s)