[squid-users] performance

From: <pparas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:36:18 +0545

hi all

new to this list.

i have a tranparent proxy sever in RH 7.1 and squid bundled in that. i have more
than 30 users using squid. now my quesiton is if 1 user goes to hotmail.com then
second user must get it tooo fast ( after hitting the enter key ;).i see this is
possible in proxy like winroute and i am sure this can be done in squid also. i
dunn't wanna use windoze boxes in my network for server puposes.
how to load the cached pages too fast. currenlty it is normal. pages once
visited never loads fast. i need them loaded faster for my users for them to be
happy.
so help please.

i have 256 MB RAM with 7200RPM HDD and PIII 800MHZ processor.

Thanks in advance.
Paras.

http://jawmail.sourceforge.net