RE: [squid-users] squid and BIND 8.2

From: Ward, John (GroupWare) <john@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:50:08 +0200

hmm.... look in the resolv.conf file in the squid box....
there should be entries as such ( not exactly.. as youre not on my network):

search blah.co.za
nameserver 1.2.3.4
nameserver 2.2.3.4

now... in my windows box (proxy setup goes to squid box on 3128, as usual), i type http://geeves
and it takes me to my box (geeves.blah.co.za) ... just as i expect.
the key is to use the "search blah.co.za"

if i type just geeves in the address field, it finds it also.