Re: [squid-users] removing objects from memory cache?

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 22:50:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Ricardo Kustner wrote:

> I just checked the logs from earlier today...
> the first PURGE request gave a 404 error so at that moment squid didn't
> think it was really part of the cache... though I'm pretty sure those
> files were cached at that moment:
> 1 second before the purge request there was a TCP_MEM_HIT for that object.
> 4 seconds after the pruge request there was a TCP_MEM_HIT for that same
> object...

So you saw

  TCP_MEM_HIT
  [nothing for that URL]
  PURGE 404
  [nothing for that URL]
  TCP_MEM_HIT

If so then there must be a bug in PURGE. Not how it is intended to
operate. This is assuming it really is the same URL, and not a minor
variation of the same URL (such as different % escaping, case or similar
sometimes minor differences)