Re: [squid-users] removing objects from memory cache?

From: Ricardo Kustner <hammer1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 22:20:45 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> A PURGE is meant to remove the object from the cache no matter which
> of the two "caches" it is in.
> What result do you cet from the PURGE request?
> What is logged in access.log for the PURGE request and on the next
> request after the PURGE?

I just checked the logs from earlier today...
the first PURGE request gave a 404 error so at that moment squid didn't
think it was really part of the cache... though I'm pretty sure those
files were cached at that moment:
1 second before the purge request there was a TCP_MEM_HIT for that object.
4 seconds after the pruge request there was a TCP_MEM_HIT for that same
object...

Ricardo.