Re: [squid-users] 2 NICs

From: Try KDE <trykde@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 00:15:36 +0000

This question is off the squid topic. But in short answer, it depends on
what you meant by "make use of both of it". Do you want the two have
different IP addresses, or you want to use ether-binding to force them
to share the same IP? If you have two different IP addresses, and you
bind a httpd to one IP and a mail server to another IP, a stock Linux
server would just do fine. On the other hand, if you intend to use your
machine for complicated routing, you may need to compile your own
kernel, and install ip2 package.

Hope this helps,
-tk