[squid-users] FW: Web Access Help

From: Greg Darby <greg.darby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:02:10 +0930

Hi All,

I have a WebSitre which needs to be accessed and uses Java to Log on. The
port is uses is TCP 43856 and Port 80. The problem is we have a Cisco PIX
Firewall which blocks all outgoing traffic on Port 80, but not the Squid Box
which sits on 8080 but access's 80 on the outside. This stops clients from
bypassing the proxy server.

So i have opened up port 43856 but it still doesn't work. If i open up Port
80 it does work however we cannot do this.

I have added the always_direct directive but that still doesn't work

acl weidmuller dstdomain .weidmuller.com.au
always_direct allow weidmuller

Can anyone advise why Squid seems to be blocking this and how to fix?

Regards,

Greg

This email and any attachment has been swept for the prescence of known Virus's by Ramelec's NTMail Virus Detection Systems.