Re: [squid-users] smart caching...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:33:40 +0200

This kind of things is best controlled by using the cache_peer_access or
neighbor_type_domain directives.

Something like the following should do it I think:

cache_peer your.squid2.address parent 3128 0 no-query connect-timeout=2
acl squid2_domains dstdomain .com
acl squid2_destinations dst xx.yy.0.0/16
cache_peer_access allow squid2 squid2_domains
cache_peer_access allow squid2 squid2_destinations
prefer_direct off
nonhierarchical_direct off

but several other configurations are possible depending on what you
really want when it comes to load balancing, failover and sharing of
cache content.