Re: [squid-users] winbindd and wb_group

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 00:22:08 +0200

Billy Macdonald wrote:

> I have basic & ntlm user authentication in squid working but I can't quite
> figure out how to get winbind_group external acls working.

external_acl_type nt_group %LOGIN /usr/local/squid/libexec/wb_group
acl group1 external nt_group GroupName1

Any number of NT group names can be listed in the acl if needed, but the
listed groups may not yet contain spaces.

Same technique applies to all of the different group external_acl
helpers in Squid-2.5.

This is also documented in a
helpers/external_acl/winbind_group/readme.txt file that is supposed to
be in the release, but from what it looks this is currently only
available in the developer sources.. This will be fixed in the next
snapshot release to have this readme.txt file included. If someone could
convert this to a man page it would be great. Use the manpage of
unix_group as template, combined with the details in
winbind_group/readme.txt and send your suggestion to
squid-dev@squid-cache.org for inclusion.

> I am also unable to get wbinfo -n "DOMAIN\user" to work where domain is a
> trusted domain. It works fine if DOMAIN is the domain winbindd is joined to.

No idea, and I only have a single domain to play with... Best place to
ask this question would be a Samba mailing list or newsgroup I guess..