Re: [squid-users] interface between squid and external DNSSERVER

From: Jigar Rasalawala <jrasalawala@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 15:45:31 -0700

Hi, Henrik

Thanks for yr reply. Explaination sounds really good. I want squid to
look at my /etc/hosts file, before sendint query to DNS server.
I am running squid 2.4.STABLE4 with --disable-internal-dns option.

As squid user, I know squid 2.5 does support /etc/host lookup with
internal dns support. I told my team. They are not ready to put
PRE release in production,as we know PREs are pretty stable.

That's the base of all the problems.

When it's gonna be STABLE release ?

Thanks
Jigar