Re: [squid-users] Squid Authentification

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:10:26 +0930

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 11:13:36AM +0200, Marcus Friede wrote:

> At this time, i tried the auth_mod "MSNT" and "SMB_AUTH".
> With "SMB_AUTH" i can auth. only against one of these domains. Daisy-chain
> doesnt work perhaps of the location of the Domains (option -P)?!?

You can auth against multiple domain controllers using smb_auth. You
may have multiple -W domain -U pdc pairs as the argument for smb_auth,
something like this:

smb_auth -W a -U pdc_a -W b -U pdc_b

If I recall correctly, the query defaults to the first one in the list
but if the user puts "b\username" as their username in the password
prompt then pdc_b will be queried for there details. Note that the
arguments for -W do not have to be the NT domain names for the
relevant PDC, you can choose anything you want.

We use this scheme quite successfully here.

--
Brett Lymn