Re: [squid-users] smart caching...

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:11:53 +0200

Arindam Haldar wrote:
> hi again,
> got the following errors while i tried configure with the said lines..
>
> 15:11:09| squid.conf, line 1475: No cache_peer 'squid2'
> 15:12:48| squid.conf, line 1475: No cache_peer 'allow'

Right, my error. The peer name has to come before allow/deny..

cache_peer_access squid2 allow squid2_cache

> i also saw that squid2 being **parent** all the querries are passed to
> squid2.. but my main objective is to pass only xx.yy.0.0/16 to squid2..
> i commented the line but it didnt help either..

This will be the effect due to the cache_peer_access syntax error

> in the conf file its written with an eg as ...
> # Except for access control, AS numbers can be used for
> # routing of requests to specific caches.
> AS numbers here means **Autonomous system** numbers ?? .. as used in BGP
> ?? .. if so we dont have AS numbers..
> so what can v do to make it happen.. ?

AS numbers is just an alternate approach to dividing networks into manageable
pieces. You do not need to use AS numbers if you don't want to. Manually
dividing the networks using dst (or src) ACLs is also fine..