Re: [squid-users] ldap auth & Novell problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:33:40 +0200

I have two guesses

a) The users does not enter the correct credentials. May be caused by capslock
or other stupid errors.

b) The password contains characters which gets misunderstood on the way.

To verify which of the two is the cause you need to ask the users who have
problems what their password is. Then try both by using a browser and by
using squid_ldap_auth manually.

Not recommended alternative: To verify 'a' in a automatic manner if you are
allowed to see the credentials entered by the user then you could temporarily
enable log_mime_hdrs in squid.conf. This would cause the entered credentials
to be logged in access.log base64 encoded. You can then use this to verify if
the user really did enter the correct credentials, or if there is a specific
pattern where it fails. But you should probably NOT do this if your users
believe their passwords are private...