Re: [squid-users] Squid Authentification

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:48:36 +0930

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 01:54:51PM +0200, Marcus Friede wrote:

> I know about the option you describe above. And it works for me, too.
> But it is a very unfriendly method, let the user typing something like a\ before their
> username, especially if there exists many NT-Domains and the (stupid;-) user
> doesnt know their domain !!!

As I said in my previous reply... the prefix _does_not_ have to be the
NT domain, you could do something like "eng\stupid_eng",
"sales\droid1" or "worker\drone666". The cynic in me says that most
people will just click the stupid "save my password on this computer
in some stupid location" option in IE anyway so they will only deal
with the problem once ;-)

> Is there no other chance of realizing this, transparent for the users??

About all I can suggest if you are really determined is write a
wrapper script for the smb_auth that tries each DC in turn until one
says "OK" or you get to the end of the list.

--
Brett Lymn