Re: [squid-users] Squid Authentification

From: Marcus Friede <mfriede@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:54:51 +0200

>On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 11:13:36AM +0200, Marcus Friede wrote:
>>
>> At this time, i tried the auth_mod "MSNT" and "SMB_AUTH".
>> With "SMB_AUTH" i can auth. only against one of these domains. Daisy-chain
>> doesnt work perhaps of the location of the Domains (option -P)?!?
>>

>You can auth against multiple domain controllers using smb_auth. You
>may have multiple -W domain -U pdc pairs as the argument for smb_auth,
>something like this:

>smb_auth -W a -U pdc_a -W b -U pdc_b

>If I recall correctly, the query defaults to the first one in the list
>but if the user puts "b\username" as their username in the password
>prompt then pdc_b will be queried for there details. Note that the
>arguments for -W do not have to be the NT domain names for the
>relevant PDC, you can choose anything you want.

>We use this scheme quite successfully here.

>--
>Brett Lymn

Hi.
I know about the option you describe above. And it works for me, too.
But it is a very unfriendly method, let the user typing something like a\ before their
username, especially if there exists many NT-Domains and the (stupid;-) user
doesnt know their domain !!!
Is there no other chance of realizing this, transparent for the users??

Regards
Marcus
Ortsunabhängig und flexibel! Verwalten Sie all Ihre E-Mail-Adressen
weltweit mit WEB.DE FreeMail - http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021126