[squid-users] Possible routing problem?

From: Brian Avis <brian.avis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:43:43 -0800

Hi all,

We have squid 2.4 running on a Solaris 2.8 box, and we are having a
strange problem. If we point a system to the squid box and tell that
system to use the squid box as a dns server all web addresses work fine
(at least as far as we can tell). But if we point the same system at
the squid box and tell the system to use the squid box as a proxy then
we get several web sites that won't work anymore. Most notably secure
sites stop working when going through the proxy.

Is this a mis-configuration in squid? Or possibly a routing problem
with the OS itself?

Any insights, or possible ways to go about trouble shooting this would
be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

--
Brian Avis
SEARHC Medical Clinic