[squid-users] Re: Authentication annoyance

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:02:08 +0200 (CEST)

Sorry, I do not understand your question. What root password? Squid never
ask for a root password.

If your parents require authorization to access their proxies then they
do. Nothing Squid can do anything about. If you want to use a proxy
requiring authorization based on authentication then you will need to
provide authentication so the proxy can authorize your requests.