[squid-users] Restart Squid with a clean cache

From: Jairo.Castaņeda <Jairo.Castaneda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:22:15 -0500

Hi all,

I want to restart my Squid with a clean cache because changes made to
documents in our intranet are not being seen by the users as squid serves
them with copies from the cache. I read the FAQ question 7.3 and it pointed
me to two different ways of doing this. However I have some doubts:

1. It says that this info applies to version 2.2 (I'm using Squid
2.4STABLE7). Is it still useful?
2. Which of the two methods is better?
3. Is it safe and sound to repeat this process very often? I will have to
because people working in the intranet need that any change made to the
files in it has to be seen inmediately by the users. Webmin would the right
the tool to do this, would it? since I just need to purge some specific
documents (PDF and DOC)

Thanks,

Jairo Castaņeda