RE: [squid-users] HTTP PORT

From: Simon Meddings <simon.meddings@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:02:45 +0100

At 12:25 17/09/2002, you wrote:
>Yes, i changed the port as (1.2.3.4:85). But I get MISS HIT in access.log
>and in web page it says as fallow.........
>
> ERROR
>The requested URL could not be retrieved

>----
>
>While trying to retrieve the URL: http://xyz.abc.com:85
>
>The following error was encountered:
>
>Access Denied.
>Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at
>this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is
>incorrect.

>Your cache administrator is root.

at least your getting a response from squid on port 85!
Just need to check you acl to allow permission.
(worst comes to worst and their's no security implications
start off with the minimum and build up from there)

acl www src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
http_access allow www

up the debugging levels (debug_options ALL,9)
and make sure your writing all the cache_logs
(cache_log & cache_store_log)

should help you to debug your problem.

Cheers
<Si>