Re: [squid-users] Squid Accel & OWA 2000

From: Ricardo Kustner <hammer1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:22:31 +0200

Hi,

Riccardo Baldanzi wrote:

> redirect_rewrites_host_header off
> httpd_accel_port 80
> httpd_accel_host <privateip>
> When i connect from Internet, i get then password box and then nothing....
> if i look at my table connection i see a connection to the private ip......
> Looks like that in some page or applet there's the private ip.

I think your OWA does a redirect to an URL with the private ip as
hostname... Squid doesn't translate the redirect (Location header) so
the clients get the wrong info... there's no way to tell squid to do
this for you -- unless you use the squid rproxy patch...
another trick is to call the internal server from squid with the host as
it is known from the outside (have it point to the internal address in
/etc/hosts on the squid server... you also need to recompile squid w/o
internal dns support)... that is, if OWA falls for this trick.

Regards,

Ricardo.