[squid-users] Desperate need of help. always_direct and never_direct config problem

From: <Arno_STREULI@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:09:31 +0100

Hi,
I'm still trying to figure out how can I tell squid to forward some request to
another proxy, depending of the host I try to reach.
So I try to tell him the cache_peer (I can ping this one) and since I can't go
directly from the proxy I told squid that It can go directly (with the
never_direct value)

So here is what I get on my browser:

While trying to retrieve the URL: ipo4.par.XX.com:443
The following error was encountered:

Unable to forward this request at this time.
This request could not be forwarded to the origin server or to any parent
caches. The most likely cause for this error is that:

The cache administrator does not allow this cache to make direct connections to
origin servers, and
All configured parent caches are currently unreachable.

And on the cache.log
2002/09/19 08:58:16| Failed to select source for '[null_entry]'
2002/09/19 08:58:16| always_direct = 0
2002/09/19 08:58:16| never_direct = 1
2002/09/19 08:58:16| timedout = 0

My config regarding cache parent, acl and never_direct
cache_peer uxprox01.prod.par.XX.com parent 2001 7
acl ipo4 dst 10.aa.yy.164/255.255.255.255
cache_peer_access uxprox01.prod.par.XX.com allow ipo4
never_direct allow ipo4

thanks for you help.

Rregards,

Arno

DISCLAIMER - E-MAIL
The information contained in this E-Mail is intended for the named
recipient(s). It may contain certain privileged and confidential
information, or information which is otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
copy,distribute or take any action in reliance on this information