RE: [squid-users] Question on sibling relationships

From: <francisv@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:01:53 +0800

You might want to change your existing setup. You can probably add a load
balancer or another squid machine in front of the cache array. The front-end
squid machine (D) will then act as your "load balancer" (using CARP) or
pointing to the three squid proxies as parents.

ISP1 ISP2 ISP3
  | | |
  | | |
| A |--sibling--| B |--sibling--| C |
  | | |
  | +-+-+ |
                +---+

You can also lower the TTL between A<->D, B<->D, or C<->D so that it doesn't
wait.