Re: [squid-users] increase child process

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 02:56:50 -0500

Run more parent processes. ;-)

Squid is a single process server, based on a select on poll loop. I
runs a single parent process, which then spawns a child to actually
serve requests.

It is possible to use disk I/O threads by using the aufs storeio type.
I don't know if the stock Red Hat RPM supports the aufs disk type. This
will lead to the appearence of many child processes (16 per disk
specifically). But they are merely I/O threads, used to provide
asyncronous disk access to the single child process that is actually
serving requests.

Why do you want more child processes?

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>