[squid-users] ZERO SIZE REPLY request retried 10 times by squid.

From: <victor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 18:31:24 +0800

While I was debuging this CGI script which returned nothing as content
(ZERO SIZE REPLY error), in a server which have squid 2.4 stable7
listening at port 80 and redirecting request to a mod_perl apache server
listening at port 8080 in the same server. I found that for each
request I made to port 80, the request is repeated 11 times in the
apache access log.

I have checked the squid access log, there was only one such request
registered, I have switched on ethereal and trace the http call made by
the browser, and it too has made only one request. I then try to make
the same request to port 8080 directly, and apache access log show only
one entry.

so this make me wonder if squid has some kind of mechanism to retry a
ZERO SIZE REPLY error. I have tried to look into the online doc, but
couldn't find anything describing this behaviour, anyone could give me
some hints where I can find some info about this behaviour?

Many thanks.

Tor.