[squid-users] NTLM Authentication in Outlook 2000

From: Billy Macdonald <whmac33@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 08:54:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

    I have configured Squid 2.5.PRE13 on a RedHat 7.2 box. I have enabled
winbindd authentication for basic and ntlm protocols. It seems to be working
great for the most part.

    We have a user (only 5 total in test environment) that is using Outlook
2000 that when he opens his first HTML email of the day an authentication box
will open. If he cancels his next HTML works fine and he isn't prompted again
for the rest of the day.

    Now I know this isn't an Outlook 2k mailing list but was hoping that some
of you squid admins have run across this and possibly determined the root
cause.

Thanks,

Billy