RE: [squid-users] Hardware Recommendations

From: <sean.upton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 18:47:42 -0700

Good point about the multiple cache_dir lines. This is even in the Squid
FAQ, I think... so it doe make sense to not bother with RAID for the cache
dir. Though RAID 10 (if you can get 4 disks) might make some sense for
writing logs (perhaps overkill, though?). Going the JBOD route might work
out well... if rack density is a concern, there are options for dense
external SCSI JBOD chassis out there in 1U and 2U config to add on to a 1U
server (from 4 to 12 external drives); this might be worth your while if you
absolutely need a storage upgrade (in the future, not now, I guess).

Sean