Re: [squid-users] Wrong password locking the users logins

From: Tomico Silva <tomicosilvabr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:53:10 -0300

Hi All

Thanks "Squid FAQ" for the help. Now Squid is working fine. (And the users
are happy...)
The loop was caused by a mistake in one of our ACLs at squid.conf

At FAQ (10.8-Common Mistakes) there is the tip...

"For example, the following access control configuration will never work:

        acl ME src 10.0.0.1
        acl YOU src 10.0.0.2
        http_access allow ME YOU "

...and we had something like this.

Debugging Squid at level 9 ("debug_options ALL,9") was too wealth to find
and solve the problem.

Best Regards
W. Tomico Silva
Internetworkers from Brazil