RE: [squid-users] More CPU utilization

From: Hermann Strassner <hermann.strassner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:42:59 +0200

No PMs please.

> Actually i am new to squid so i am not totally
> conversant with the squid terminology.

That is not a problem. But you should read through the FAQs and through the
documentation and the comments in the conf file.

> My Proxy server is used by 70-80 users.
> Is it ok to reduce the cache_mem to 8 MB.

Yes it is.

> As i already said i have 256 MB
> Memory

In my last mail i added the numbers so you can calculate the memory usage on
your own.
Also you can view the actual memory usage with taskmanager.

Hermann

PS: here i have a PC with 256 MB memory with NT4, it does nothing than
squid, and the memory is enough for 10 GB of cache_dir, not more.