Re: [squid-users] ncsa authenticaton problem in 2.5

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 02 Oct 2002 20:24:32 +1000

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 20:03, Robert Collins wrote:

> > What's wrong ?
>
> Ah, you've found a bug. miss_access doesn't play nice with
> authentication just now. I'll see if I can whip up a fix for you.

Actually, this is harder to change than it looked. I'll open a bugzilla
feature request for you on it. But it won't get corrected in the
near-term unless someone sponsors it. The reason is that forwarding
error detail is lost to some degree before it hits the client. So the
authentication headers are not coming through, and the browser won't try
to authenticate.

Rob