Re: [squid-users] Problem to login to IMP WebMail through the Squid

From: <Graeme.Wood@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 08:31:17 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I don't think this has anything to do with squid. You need to contact
your webmail administrators and get them to fix their IMP installation. It
sounds like they are running two separate horde databases and your cookies
are not being properly registered so that either system will honour the
cookies of the other.

Cheers.

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Sebastian Viudez Ortega wrote:

> We have a problem when we attempt to read the
> mail from our internal net to a external imp webmail
> -we get out from our internal net through the Squid
> 22STABLE4 at our DMZ-.
>
> The problem is that sometimes we don't get to login
> to the webmail and the times we get to login, we can't read
> the mail. When we attempt to read a message, the webmail
> logout us with the message: 'your session has expired. Please,
> login again'.
>
> This worked 2 or 3 weeks ago, and we have
> nothing changed at our SQUID configuration. We have
> contacted with the external WebMail Admin and he say us
> that they have changed recently their WebMail architecture:
> now they have two webmail interfaces in two machines
> configurated as 'Round Robin' at the DNS. It seems a
> related 'cookies' problem.
>
> Afther this, we have directed our attention to the Squid
> and we have disabled the cache at all, with:
>
> acl all 0/0
> no_cache deny all
>
> but the problem continue.
>
> żDoes somebody know any similar problem? żDoes somebody know
> any trail to solve it?
>
> Thanks!
> --

Graeme Wood                                 Email: Graeme.Wood@ed.ac.uk
Unix Systems Support                        Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh                 Fax:   +44 131 650 6552