Re: [squid-users] Allowing access before requesting password

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 08 Oct 2002 20:23:19 +1000

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 15:57, stuart.lamble@batepro.co.za wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have a group of people in our IT dept who I want to pass through the squid
> server before asking for the domainusers authentication.
> How do I create the acl for this?

You'll have to use src ip acl's to do this, if you want to prevent
authentication being triggered.

There are two ways:
one:
add a http_access statement allowing the appropriate src ip's through
before the http_access statement requiring authentication.

two: combine the src ip acl in your auth triggering lines, as a ! entry.

Rob