[squid-users] understanding problem with the redirector

From: alp <alpheus@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:09:05 +0200

Hi everybody,
I am using squid in accelerated mode with a dedicated redirect script.
Well, if I use the directive
    httpd_accel_uses_host_header on
everything works. But if I set this to "off", I can see that squid gives
only ip addresses not real urls to STDIN of the redirect script, so of
course nothing works anymore, since the redirector is configured to use url
names.
My question: why does squid use ip addresses if the above parameter is set
to off???

Thanks in advance,
alp