[squid-users] FW: 111 Connection refused ---> Please help

From: Ricardo Fitzgerald <fitzgerald@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:27:01 -0300

Original message follows:

Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:20:13 -0300
Subject: 111 Connection refused ---> Please help
From: Ricardo Fitzgerald <axis@movinet.com.uy>
To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>

Hi,

I've been using squid for a while but I still have doubts when I write my
acl, yesterday i was configuring my employer's network to be able to use
messenger and icq, it worked but maybe I did something wrong because now I
can't access the web site, and if I try to do it from a machine in the
internal network squids brings the 111 Connection refused error, I read
in the FAQ that it can be produced by some firewall rules, but in my case
there is no other firewall than squid's acls, so I don't understand why this
is happening.
The webserver is working because I can use the remote admin manager but if
try to go to the root dir, http://www.ermitagemontevideo.com it refuses the
connection internally and externally I'm stuck any advise is ver welcome.

TIA
Rick