Re: [squid-users] smb_auth while changing the Domain fron mixed to native mode

From: Wolf Hees <wh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:22:37 +0200

Hi there,

thanks for your answers. I didnt follow the discussion 2 weeks ago as I
am only on this list since yesterday. I will look in the archive then.

> At 16.45 10/10/2002, Guilherme Goes wrote:
> >If you change your AD to native mode you will not be able to use
> >smb_auth , you should use a ldap helper to authenticate against your
> >AD, there was a discussion on this list a while ago ( 2 weeks ) .

> Sorry, but this is totally wrong.
> Native mode doesn't change the compatibility with pre Windows 2000
> clients. What make the difference is the selection of the Pre-Windows
> 2000 compatibility at the AD domain first installation.
So that means to me that it will continue to work. I dont know any about
AD or other Win related stuff. I just manage the squid of a customer
that wants to change to native mode.

> My test environment is a Windows 2000 Active Directory domain running
> in native mode, and all NTLM authenticators, SMB and windbind, are
> working fine.
Are these other possibilities to authenticate against a AD? Is SMB =
smb_auth?

Cheers
        Wolf Hees