[squid-users] squid.conf.default file in version 2.5.STABLE

From: Sheahan, John (PCLN-NW) <John.Sheahan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:44:13 -0400

I just did an upgrade from 2.4 to the latest stable version. The install
actually put all the files in another directory so I now have two versions
on my machine....no problem, I will only start the new version. However,
when I start the new squid daemon after renaming squid.conf.default to
squid.conf, squid will start and then the process will automatically
shutdown. Also, Dansguardian fails now when I try to start it. Do I need to
un-rem all the default settings in squid.conf to get it all to start
working? Any other ideas?