Re: [squid-users] FTP clients/access

From: Dave Raven <dave@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:28:19 +0200

As you can see. This is a CuteFTP log.

STATUS:> Host name my.ftp.server resolved: ip = my.ftp.server.
STATUS:> Getting listing ""...
STATUS:> Connecting to http proxy server 192.168.0.16:3128 (ip =
192.168.0.16)...
STATUS:> Requesting server...
GET ftp://dave:****@my.ftp.server:21/ HTTP/1.1
Host: my.ftp.server:21
Range: bytes=0-
Referer: /
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:25:45 GMT
Proxy-Connection: close
STATUS:> Transfer complete.

192.168.0.16 is our primary squid cache server. And this worked fine.
Simply set the client up to use an http proxy and set that to your squid
box.

--Dave.