[squid-users] 2.5pre4: authentication problem

From: <m_pawlowski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:39:31 +0200

hello everybody.

i upgraded my machine to suse8 and implemented squid 2.5pre4 (which was
included in the package).

after fiddling with the configs for several hours now i'm still not able to
reimplement my beloved authentication via ncsa_auth.

old 2.2 did it quite properly but 2.5pre4 is not cooperative, i presume ... or
is it me?

well - auth_param basic is configured and points to ncsa_auth (it's running
indeed, see ps). but my problem is: where is that scheme referred to? because
when you set up your http_access-acls there's not one hint on how to refer to
that scheme in any way, is it? do i have to refer to this or not? anyway - so
i've set up my usual "acl <whatever> proxy_auth REQUIRED" and
http_access-lines, but it does not work at all, no matter what kind of
combination i tried. -sigh-

i did not find anything in the docs (but maybe i'm blind) - so i would gladly
appreciate hints and tips on how to get authentication back to work.

thank you very much in advance.

regards.
-mp.

"quite funny, scotty, and now beam down my clothes please".