Re: [squid-users] Squid LAN transfer performance slow

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:55:12 +0100

"Tais M. Hansen" wrote:

> On Sunday 27 October 2002 17:26, Marc Elsen wrote:
> > "Tais M. Hansen" wrote:
> > > I'm thinking if the bottleneck could be in the communication between
> > > squid and the diskio (aufs) thread?
> > Is there any difference if aufs is disabled ?
>
> diskd doesn't change anything.
>
> ufs gives about 5 MB/s!
>
> So something IS going wrong with squid and aufs/diskd comms. :/ Any ideas?

 Not immediately, on the list , the general consensus seems to be
 that there at least no fundamental problems with aufs currently.
 Are you using the default number of threads , I mean there is
 no need to change this value (16).

 Perhaps your kernel,is the culprit. Are you using any special modules,
 or compile features ?
 Using some other kernel upgrade/downgrade could be advised,in order
 to see whether the problem is kernel related.

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM