Re: [squid-users] Squid LAN transfer performance slow

From: Tais M. Hansen <tais.hansen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:09:52 +0100

On Sunday 27 October 2002 17:55, Marc Elsen wrote:
> > ufs gives about 5 MB/s!
> > So something IS going wrong with squid and aufs/diskd comms. :/ Any
> > ideas?
> Not immediately, on the list , the general consensus seems to be
> that there at least no fundamental problems with aufs currently.
> Are you using the default number of threads , I mean there is
> no need to change this value (16).

Actually I increased it to 30 as some clients got broken links quite often. I
figured that if every client made 5-6 connections at a time those default 16
threads weren't enough. Anyway, when I turned it up, the broken links
disappeared.

> Perhaps your kernel,is the culprit. Are you using any special modules,
> or compile features ?

No special compile features. And usbdnet is the only kernel patch applied.
Extra modules installed would be nvidia and alsa-drivers. Nothing that should
cause the IPC to go to hell in my opinion anyway.

> Using some other kernel upgrade/downgrade could be advised,in order
> to see whether the problem is kernel related.

Okay. I'll try a few things and see if I come up with anything.

Thanks for the help!

--
Regards,
Tais M. Hansen